Subject: Sea Gel

Sea Gel

From: Berenice Humphreys <bc.humphreys>
Date: Thursday, June 5, 2003
I was wondering if anyone had any experience of using Sea Gel, a
product created to replace Isinglass which is no longer produced in
the UK due to Sturgeon being an endangered species.

I notice from the literature for Sea Gel that it is recommended for
use on paint on canvas or wood.  Does anyone have any experience of
its use on paint on a plaster ground (lime and/or gypsum)?

Berenice Humphreys
Conservator

                  Distributed: Thursday, June 19, 2003