Subject: Kodak Scientific Imaging Film

Kodak Scientific Imaging Film

From: David A. Scott <dscott>
Date: Wednesday, June 4, 2003
Does anyone have a suggestion for replacing (or even obtaining) the
Kodak Scientific Imaging Film, Direct Exposure DEF-392, Kodak
Catalogue number 155 8162, 35mm x 20m, which we have used for the
past 14 years for Debye-Scherrer X-ray film work in the Museum Lab
for the examination of art object samples. We have largely given up
using the unit and now have a GADDS General Area System, but I am
thinking of revamping the old unit and am having trouble with film
supplies.  One suggestion was to use regular 35mm film and cut this
to the appropriate length for the Camera concerned.  There used to
be an AGFA film product that was used in Europe for X-ray
diffraction work, but the details of this are also hard to find and
it too may have gone out of production.

David A. Scott

                  Distributed: Thursday, June 19, 2003