Subject: Survey on feathers--corrigendum

Survey on feathers--corrigendum

From: Tatiana Falcon <tatia12>
Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2003
Inadvertently, the following introduction was omitted from the
Feather Condition Survey posted by me, May 2003.

    This survey is distributed by a team of scholars working on a
    Getty collaborative research grant entitled "Feather/Art: Mexico
    and Europe XIV-XVII Centuries." Participants in the project are:
    Diana Fane, Curator Emeritus, Brooklyn Museum of Art, New York;
    Alessandra Russo, CERMA-Ehess, Paris; IIE-UNAM, Mexico; Gerhard
    Wolf, University of Trier, Germany. Conservation consultants
    are: Ellen Pearlstein, Brooklyn Museum of Art (who designed the
    survey) and Tatiana Falcon, IIE-UNAM. Our main focus is on the
    pre-Columbian and colonial feather arts of Mexico and we are
    consulting with contemporary Mexican feather artists and
    ornithologists as well as conservators in order to learn more
    about the materials and techniques of Mexican feather mosaics.
    However, we are interested in the condition and preservation of
    feather objects in general in museum collections. Completed
    surveys should be sent to Alessandra Russo: arusso [at] ehess__fr The
    data will be collated by the consulting conservators and
    presented at a colloquium on feather patrimony planned for June
    of 2004. For more information on the project's scope and goals,
    please contact Alessandra Russo.

    **** Moderator's comments: Please see Conservation DistList
    Instance: 16:74 Tuesday, May 27, 2003, in the the DistList
    archives in Conservation OnLine: