Subject: Materials analysis labs

Materials analysis labs

From: Libby Sheldon <ucwcmls>
Date: Wednesday, June 11, 2003
run one called the Painting Analysis Unit, based in the History of
Art Department at University College London, but which is privately
run business, catering for anyone, including private owners and
collectors of paintings, auction houses and dealers, as well as
conservators. The data that it produces can, with permission, be
used in my other work, which is teaching art history students about
painting methods and materials at this university.

In addition, this department at UCL, in liaison with the University
of Amsterdam (UvA), the Free University of Berlin (FUB) and the
Institute of Fine Arts/NYU, is setting up short, 1 week courses,
(due to begin in June 2004) on the methods and principles of
analysis and conservation, but these are primarily for those outside
these fields, such as curators and professionals in the art world.
Any further queries about the work we do or these courses are
welcome.

Libby Sheldon

                  Distributed: Thursday, June 19, 2003