Subject: PARS/IIRT program on Preservation Education

PARS/IIRT program on Preservation Education

From: Karen Brown <kebrown>
Date: Friday, June 6, 2003
Please plan to join Jeanne Drewes (Michigan State University
Libraries), Brian Baird (University of Kansas Libraries), and Karen
Brown (University at Albany Libraries) at the ALCTS program
"Hands-on, Over and Across:  Preservation Education Abroad" to be
held during the upcoming ALA Annual Meeting at the Sheraton Centre
Toronto, Ballroom Centre, from 1030 a.m. to 1200 noon on Saturday
June 21, 2003.  I am pleased to announce that the Program, sponsored
by PARS and co-sponsored by IRRT, will be opened by Mary Jane Starr,
Director General, Communications, National Library of Canada.

Allow me to insert our meeting description here:

    Shared concerns about the long-term preservation of cultural
    heritage materials worldwide bring a commonality of purpose to
    libraries everywhere. Preservation professionals have had the
    opportunity to travel abroad and teach a broad range of subjects
    critical to proper care of library collections.  The challenge
    is to find the best solution to problems using locally available
    resources.  Presenters will relate their experiences in
    developing nations and provide practical suggestions for
    organizing sustainable programs.

Anyone with an interest in collections care, or who has participated
in international projects (or plans to!) is sure to find this
program both interesting and insightful.  We invite you to come
share your ideas and experiences in discussion with our panelists.

Karen Brown/Program Chair
University at Albany Libraries

                   Distributed: Monday, June 16, 2003