Subject: PARS Physical Quality and Treatment Discussion Group

PARS Physical Quality and Treatment Discussion Group

From: Heather Kaufman <caldwell>
Date: Thursday, June 5, 2003
The Physical Quality and Treatment Discussion Group will be holding
its meeting on Sunday, June 22, 2003 from 9:30 to 11a.m. at the
upcoming ALA meeting in Toronto.

Our discussion will center on the issues surrounding the binding of
musical scores including user needs and preferences, binding
options, and workflow considerations. We have invited Alice Carli,
author of the newly published "Binding and Care of Printed Music
(Music Library Association Basic Manual Series, No. 2) to be our
featured guest. Ms. Carli, conservator at the Sibley Music Library
at the Eastman School of Music, will share her unique insight into
providing access to scores for a large music library while also
providing appropriate preservation housings for these items. We look
forward to seeing you there,

Beth Doyle
Collections Conservator, Duke University Libraries

Heather Kaufman
Preservation Services Librarian, MIT Libraries
co-chairs PQTDG

                   Distributed: Monday, June 16, 2003