Subject: Administrivia

Administrivia

From: Walter Henry <consdist-request>
Date: Monday, June 16, 2003
With the close of the AIC annual meeting, the DistList begins its
17th year of operation.

Because I have been ill since the AIC meeting, there are quite a
large number of messages waiting to be sent out and it will take
some time to get caught up (perhaps a week or more), so if you sent
something in and don't see it here, please be patient. I will try to
get the more time-sensitive materials out first.

Several people have reported a computer virus that appears be from
the DistList. Rest assured that this is not the case; the viruses
get an address from the infected machines address book or from files
on the infected system and then send mail forged to appear to be
coming from those addresses. So all this means that at least one of
you has a computer infected by a virus. If you haven't run a virus
check lately, I'd recommend doing so.

Other messages regarding matters related to the DistList have been
stored and I will deal with them when I am back at work.

                   Distributed: Monday, June 16, 2003