Subject: Pressure-sensitive tape

Pressure-sensitive tape

From: Whitney S Baker <wbaker>
Date: Monday, June 2, 2003
I am posting this question for Sarah Blythe, a colleague at our
campus art museum in hopes that someone has more knowledge of this
artist's working style.

    I am working on a piece by Alberto Varga(s), given to the museum
    by Esquire Magazine.  It is a picture of a nude woman (very
    Varga) who is drawing down the blinds to conceal some of her
    nudity.  The blinds are three-dimensional and are made of paper
    and some type of green vinyl strips (I think it is vinyl, but
    not sure).  The "vinyl" strips have orange adhesive on them. The
    adhesive has worn off and I was trying to re-glue the vinyl
    strips with PVA, but it does not seem to be sticking very well.
    I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what would
    stick to vinyl or other plastic materials.

    Sarah Blythe
    Preparator
    Spencer Museum of Art
    Lawrence, KS