Subject: Fire protection

Fire protection

From: Caroline Bendix <bendijack2>
Date: Monday, June 2, 2003
I am carrying out research into the possibility of protecting
bookcases in historic houses from fire. It is obviously most
important to make the building as fire proof as possible and to
ensure that risk assessments have been carried out; however, I am
interested in whether or not anyone has researched covering
bookcases or shelves with fire-resistant cloths or screens and, if
so, what happened to the protected books.

Caroline Bendix
Independent libraries conservator
40c Lavender Gardens,
London SW11 1DN