Subject: Dataloggers

Dataloggers

From: Carolyn Lamb <carolynpaintingconservator>
Date: Tuesday, June 3, 2003
Jenny Dickens <jenny.dickens [at] doi__vic__gov__au> writes

>Mar Gomez Lobon <mar.gomez [at] qvmag__tas__gov__au> writes
>>... I would like to ask for some recommendation from
>>other museums and galleries in Australia with experience with data
>>loggers ...
>If anyone has any recently calibrated ACR EH-101A Temp/RH probes we
>would be interested in purchasing them.  And I would be interested
>in comment on the expected longevity of dataloggers.  Perhaps 6
>years is not unreasonable but I would have hoped for at least 10
>years.

I think the cost of recalibration is huge for all types of loggers
so you should compare service costs as part of the purchasing
decision. Although the museum I work for has gone over to a
telemetry system, I am not unhappy with our ACR XT 102 and
Smartreader loggers and still find them useful for transits, case
monitoring and so on. I don't know if the software has been improved
from Trend 1.56 but I hope so as it takes 20 minutes to download a
full logger.

                  Distributed: Wednesday, June 4, 2003