Subject: Art-Care

Art-Care

From: Judith Watkins Tartt <judith>
Date: Friday, May 30, 2003
Ours is a decidedly noncommercial profession. We rarely advertise,
and often think of ourselves first as artists and scientists and
only secondarily as business people. Unfortunately this can often
leave us nearly invisible to the clients we need. The Art-Care web
site is designed to solve this problem by using the unique power of
the internet to open up professional art conservation to a whole new
audience.

    *   Art-care is designed to be a dignified, noncommercial
        marketing tool

    *   Art-care will provide educational outreach that will
        instruct the public about proper conservation methods,
        ethics, principles, procedures and professional commitments
        as outlined in our AIC bylaws

    *   Art-care's membership is restricted to AIC, Professional
        Associates and Fellows, or non AIC members who have
        equivalent professional status in AIC-recognized
        professional associations

Your $12/month membership fee provides:

    *   Your own page on Art-Care. Build it yourself using our
        simple, interactive, web-based page-builder, or if you wish
        just send your information and photos and we will build your
        page for a small fee. Include your background, training,
        images of your work, and any other information you decide is
        important in providing a clear sense of your studio and its
        capabilities.

    *   A link from your Art-Care page an existing web site if you
        have one.

    *   The ability for clients to e-mail you directly, describing
        objects that need treatment along with uploaded digital
        photographs. This is a private inquiry which you can choose
        to entertain or ignore.

    *   An opportunity to publish articles about your studio, your
        techniques, your discoveries, or your projects in our home
        page "Studio" section. As we grow we will expand this aspect
        of the site.

    *   Technical support. Simply contact techsupport [at] art-care__com

    *   Constant promotion to referral organizations such as museums
        and foundations, actively encouraging them to refer
        inquiries to the Art-Care site.

    *   A fully meta-tagged site that ensures high placement in
        online search directories such as Yahoo and Google,.

    *   Active registration of the Art-Care on an ongoing basis with
        many other search engines.

As we add more appraisers, transport and storage companies,
insurance agencies, and member conservators, the traffic on the site
will steadily grow, benefiting our profession and each Art-Care
member.

I invite you to join us.

The $12 per month gets you a handsome, dignified presence on the
internet with a site that is constantly working to bring you new
business.

Judith Watkins Tartt
AIC PA, Paintings Conservator
Founder of Art-Care