Subject: Collections Conservation Discussion Group

Collections Conservation Discussion Group

From: Ethel Hellman <hellman>
Date: Wednesday, May 28, 2003
The AIC BPG Library Collections Conservation Discussion Group
(LCCDG) will meet on Monday, June 9, 2003 from 3:30-5pm. Although
the time slot is less than ideal, we believe you will find the topic
worth the effort it will take to attend.

focus on the topic of library security. Although security of
persons, place, and operations are collateral topics of concern, we
will focus mainly on security of items in our collections. How do
you keep vulnerable items from walking out the door? How do you mark
your print materials? How do you mark your non-print materials? What
do you do with "accompanying materials" (e.g., all those CDs)?  How
do you work with security personnel?  What new systems, gadgets,
ideas are out there? This year's LCCDG will offer a less formal
discussion format; with plenty of time for people to share ideas,
brainstorm, and encourage creativity around this timely topic.

Ethel Hellman
Meg Brown
Co-chairs
Library Collections Conservation Discussion Group

                  Distributed: Thursday, May 29, 2003