Subject: Increasing humidity

Increasing humidity

From: Jerry T Shiner <tracking>
Date: Friday, May 23, 2003
Shelley Howe <artchic68 [at] yahoo__com> writes

>I am trying to raise the humidity levels in my temporary exhibit
>space for an upcoming exhibit that will include a bunch of leather
>cowboy boots with decorative stitching etc. It has been suggested
>that I use Silica Gel in enclosed cases. Is there some sort of
>protocol for me to follow? ...

I strongly recommend Toby Raphael's excellent Exhibit Conservation
Guidelines, available in CD format from the National Parks Service
(800 821-5206).  It will help you to create the particular
environment you need, as well as serving as a very useful resource
as new projects come along.

Jerry Shiner
Keepsafe Systems / Micro Climate Technology
1-800-683-4696

                   Distributed: Tuesday, May 27, 2003