Subject: Elsec 764

Elsec 764

From: Rick Kerschner <rkerschner>
Date: Tuesday, May 20, 2003
Anne E. Downey <adowney [at] amphilsoc__org> writes

>I am considering purchasing the Elsec 764

I have this meter/data-logger and like it quite a bit.  Since we are
designing a new lighting system for our doll cases, I have used it
to log heat build-up in cases as the result of lights being on. RH
reads a bit high compared to Vaisala meters, and it does not adjust
to changes in RH as quickly as does the Vaisala. I have found that
one has to be in a room for about 10 minutes to get an accurate RH
reading. One annoying aspect is the inability to control the scaling
factor, especially for the visible light level in the graph.
Sometimes the light levels show in Lux X 10, but usually it shows in
Lux X 100, which means that the bar on the graph is very small. Try
as I might, I cannot determine what scaling factors cause it to
switch to the Lux X 10. It has something to do with showing
Temperature and Humidity levels on the same graph. I checked with
the manufacturer, and all they could tell me was that the scales
were not individually setable. I solve the problem by printing out
two graphs, one with T, RH, Lux and UV (where the Lux usually
appears X 100) and the other with just Lux and UV (where the Lux
appears X10).

R. Kerschner

                  Distributed: Thursday, May 22, 2003