Subject: Angels War Letters Project

Angels War Letters Project

From: Wendy Leeds <leeds>
Date: Wednesday, May 21, 2003
Angels War Letters Project

An independent international Angels Project is being organized. The
goal of the "Angels War Letters Project" is to pair volunteer
conservators with the families of American, British, and Allied
soldiers and journalists who lost their lives during the Iraq and
Afghanistan conflicts and to help them save letters and photographs
from the field. These items may need to be evaluated for condition,
possibly treated and stored in appropriate materials, in order to
preserve them.

This is a non-political project which allows us, as conservators, to
extend our sympathy and support to those who have lost a loved one
during this tragic time by sharing our knowledge and expertise.
While we can not thank them nor comfort them, we can help them
preserve these priceless artifacts.

This project is being organized to allow volunteer paper and
photograph conservators to participate internationally in their own
labs, on their own schedules.

The project will have a dedicated web site on which volunteers will
be listed, so that families can choose their own conservator and
contact them directly.

If you can not volunteer, but wish to participate, a fund will be
set up to accept donations for supplies.

For full project information please contact :

    Wendy Leeds, Project Coordinator
    leeds [at] fallenangelsproject__org

I will be at the AIC conference from June 3-10, 2003.

                  Distributed: Thursday, May 22, 2003