Subject: Survey on microfilming

Survey on microfilming

From: Rebecca Ryder <rjryde01>
Date: Friday, May 16, 2003
    author.

The University of Kentucky Libraries' Microfilm Center will
celebrate its 50th anniversary in 2004.  During 2003, we are
planning events to showcase the Center's accomplishments and its new
directions.  To create an historical context for UK's microfilming
operations, I am conducting an informal email survey about your
in-house microfilming operations, past and present.

I want to learn who (i.e., what institutions) established and
operated in-house microfilming programs or projects.  I'd like to
know when that operation started and what you filmed.  If you shut
down or downsized your operation, I'd like to learn why.   I'm also
interested in the types of materials that are/were filmed, the
activities performed during the filming, and the type of equipment
used.  And finally, what are your new initiatives?

Even if you no longer support in-house microfilming, I'm interested
in the whys and wherefores of your operation during its history.

The survey can be found at
<URL:http://www.uky.edu/Libraries/reprosurvey.html>

Completing the survey in whole or in part will be helpful.  Many
thanks in advance for your assistance.

Becky Ryder
Head, Preservation Services
William T. Young Library