Subject: Dust cloths

Dust cloths

From: Laramie Hickey-Friedman <lhickey-friedman>
Date: Tuesday, May 13, 2003
Anne E. Downey <adowney [at] amphilsoc__org> writes

>I am having a dickens of time finding disposable dust cloths that
>are not treated with any type of oil or cleaning agent. Does anybody
>out there have any suggestions?

I have become quite fond of the micro-fibre dusting cloths
(developed in Europe). While they are not disposable, they also are
not treated with anything. The dusting cloths can be washed and
reused many times. So far they have not been abrasive on the
materials I have tested, metal wood and glass. I have found them at
my local supermarket, but surely there must be other North American
sources.

Laramie Hickey-Friedman
Sculpture Conservator
The Menil Collection