Subject: Consolidating paint

Consolidating paint

From: Beth Heller <pandorajune>
Date: Monday, May 12, 2003
A friend has asked me for advice in consolidating the paint on a 400
year old Tibetan trunk. I know nothing about objects and paint. The
very thin layer of paint and some sort of lacquer are flaking, due
to changes in humidity.  The trunk now resides in Colorado, at 9,000
feet altitude.  They need to move the trunk asap, and want a "quick
fix" they can do themselves, until something else can be done.  Any
ideas?

Beth Heller
First year, Conservation student
Preservation and Conservation Studies