Subject: Display and storage

Display and storage

From: Flavia Perugini <fperugini>
Date: Tuesday, May 6, 2003
I am in the process of working out a rotation system for objects on
display in our small museum.  Some objects have been on display for
about four years.  Among these are some pieces of jewellery made of
different materials, such as metals and pearls, diamonds, garnets,
paste. Can anyone advise me on the maximum exposure of pearls and
stones?  Also, are these materials affected by others when displayed
or stored in the same environment?

Which books should I consult to learn more about maximum exposures
of objects on display, materials and storage, and reactions between
materials? Thanks for your help,

Flavia Perugini
Conservator
George Washington's Mount Vernon