Subject: Books on pest management

Books on pest management

From: Mark Ryan <mryan>
Date: Tuesday, April 29, 2003
I've recently been looking at purchasing a book related to museum
pest control for an art museum. Specifically, I would like a book
that has identification information (such as pictures, habitats,
eating habits, and life cycle information) for common museum pests
(especially those that pose a threat to art collections), that would
also double as a general reference book for an integrated pest
management program. The two books that I've been looking at include:

    Lynda Zycherman and J.R. Schrock (eds).
    A Guide to Museum Pest Control

    David Pinniger.
    Pest Management in Museums, Archives and Historic Houses

Does anyone have any comments on how good either of these books are,
or a suggestion for a book to purchase that addresses these concerns
more effectively?

Mark Ryan
Registrar
Plains Art Museum