Subject: Cleaning acrylic sheeting

Cleaning acrylic sheeting

From: Mark Vine <vpackthread>
Date: Monday, April 28, 2003
Caroline Tragett <caroline.tragett [at] ntlworld__com> writes

>We currently use Evo-Plas anti-static cleaner to clean perspex
>glazing at the Guildhall Art Gallery. However after a time glazing
>that was pristine when hung develops streaks and smears even though
>it hasn't been touched. It also seems to attract dirt on the inner
>surface. Has anyone else had this problem with this product or can
>you recommend a better one.

For many years we have supplied an anti-static acrylic cleansing
spray product, originally developed by the perspex division of ICI
for use on their own range of acrylic sheeting and for use on other
non absorbent substrates. Primarily a water based solution with a
neutral pH it contains a complex ammonium compound solution with
detergents and preservatives. Application is by way of a slightly
dampened lint free cloth. We will be happy to provide technical data
sheets on request.

Mark Vine
Conservation Resources
Cowley, Oxford, England