Subject: Position at London Metropolitan Archives

Position at London Metropolitan Archives

From: Helen Lindsay <helen.lindsay>
Date: Thursday, April 24, 2003
Senior Conservator (Grade JE7 UKP24,820 - UKP29,620 pa inclusive)
London Metropolitan Archives
Corporation of London

Applications are invited for the post of Senior Conservator at
London Metropolitan Archives.  We are seeking an enthusiastic paper
conservator to join our team of 8 in the Preservation Section at
LMA, the largest local authority archive in the country, with 32
miles of archives and books and 70 staff.  LMA is also responsible
for the management of Keats House in Hampstead.

This busy office, located in Clerkenwell, offers an excellent
workshop environment.  Duties will be varied, covering the full
range of conservation and preservation activities including
surveying, preparation of material for microfilming, liaison with
the reading rooms and reprographics section, in-house training,
exhibition and loans as well as remedial treatments on archive
material.

If you hold a recognised professional conservation qualification,
PACR or can demonstrate significant progress towards accreditation,
have experience of supervising staff and at least 6 years relevant
post qualification experience, then you could be the person we are
looking for.  Experience of working in a Record Office and an
understanding of reprographic practices would be an advantage.

C.V.s will not be considered. Only those chosen for interview will
be contacted. The Corporation of London is committed to equality of
opportunity and operates a no-smoking policy.

Closing date: Thursday May 15, 2003
Interviews: May 29, 2003

Contact: Application forms may be requested by email but must be
completed on paper. A job description and an application form is
available from:

    The Administration Office
    London Metropolitan Archives
    40 Northampton Road
    London EC1R OHB
    +44 20 7332 3837
    lma [at] corpoflondon__gov__uk

For further information contact the Principal Conservator, Helen
Lindsay on +44 20 7332 3827.

                  Distributed: Friday, April 25, 2003