Subject: Modostuc

Modostuc

From: Julietta Santacana <mike>
Date: Thursday, April 24, 2003
    **** Moderator's comments: This query comes from a person who is
    not on the DistList and will not see any responses that are
    posted here.  Please respond directly to sender and if of
    general interest post it here as well

I'm a Cuban student on restauration finishing my studies on the
subject specializing in Modern Art Restoration. For the purpose of
finishing my thesis I would like to know more information on the
properties of Modostuc. So far I have not found enough information
on the web concerning this topic. Thanks in advance.

    **** Moderator's comments: I can't say for sure, but there may
    be some information in the following articles (The first two
    were found in AATA, that latter two in CHIN)

        Baija, Hubert.
        Het paneel en de lijst van De Heilige Maagschap:
        kanttekeningen van een laatgotisch paneel. (The panel and
        frame of The Holy Kinship: notes on the framing of a Late
        Gothic panel.)
        CR: interdisciplinair vakblad voor conservering en
        restauratie, 3, no. 3 (2002), pp. 24-32, [Dutch w. English
        summary.]

        Tauber, Gwen.
        De restauratie van de Heilige Maagschap van Geertgen tot
        Sint Jans: opties en keuzen bij het verwijderen van
        retouches. (The restoration of The Holy Kinship by Geertgen
        tot Sint Jans: options and choices in the removal and
        application of retouches.)
        CR: interdisciplinair vakblad voor conservering en
        restauratie, 3, no. 3 (2002), pp. 24-32, [Dutch w. English
        summary.]

        Kessler, Sabine (Author);
        Etude et restauration d'une Jeanne d'Arc en terre cuite
        conservee au musee historique d'Orleans: etude d'un
        materiaux de bouchage, le Modostuc (Study and restoration of
        a terracotta Joan of Arc kept in the Musee historique
        d'Orleans: study of a filling material, the Modostuc);
        Paris: ENP-IFROA, 1997
        Memoire de fin d'etudes, ENP-IFROA,
        Location of Document: ICCROM
        BCIN Number: 192609

        Pedeli, Corrado; Appolonia, Lorenzo (Author),
        "Metodica per uno studio dei materiali da impiegarsi nel
        trattamento delle lacune formali e pittoriche di ceramiche
        romane del tipo "sigillate" (prima parte)" (Methodology for
        a study of materials to be used in the treatment of lacunae,
        of the form and of the painting of Roman ceramic of bole
        type (first part)) Faenza: bollettino del Museo
        internazionale delle ceramiche in Faenza
        Vol.80 No.3-4 (1994) Pp.131-170
        Language Text: Italian
        Location of Document: ICCROM
        BCIN Number: 148822