Subject: History of preventive conservation

History of preventive conservation

From: Anel Rodriguez <anelr>
Date: Friday, April 25, 2003
I am a museum studies student focusing on collections at John F.
Kennedy University in Orinda, CA. I am currently working on my
master's thesis on the proper storage of plastic artifacts in
historical museums.  I am focusing on cellulose acetate, cellulose
nitrate, and polyurethane and I am writing this for collection
managers and registrars.  A section of my thesis is the background
for my study.  My professor has requested that I include a section
on the history of preventive conservation.  Although I took a course
on preventive conservation, I cannot find enough information.  Do
any of you have any suggestions for resources that I might research?

                  Distributed: Friday, April 25, 2003