Subject: Thomas Gainsborough

Thomas Gainsborough

From: Helen Mar Parkin <steve_how>
Date: Thursday, April 17, 2003
I will be undertaking a treatment on a large painting by Thomas
Gainsborough, dated 1784, this coming summer and would be interested
to hear from conservators who have extensive experience with this
artist.  I am particularly interested in the artist's working
methods, design changes, and the use of resinous glazes.

                 Distributed: Thursday, April 17, 2003