Subject: Support for lining

Support for lining

From: Vojislav Lukovik <voj>
Date: Tuesday, April 15, 2003
I am going to line an old oil painting on canvas to the new support
with BEVA 371. Can anyone suggest which support would be better for
that purpose: Trevira C.S (100% polyester) or pure linen canvas? The
picture will be placed in the church after treatment (no climate
control; temperature range from 0 deg. C during winter to +30 deg. C
during summer). I suppose that Trevira is better option, but I have
no experience with synthetic canvas. Any experience will be helpful.

Vojislav Lukovic, conservator

                 Distributed: Wednesday, April 16, 2003