Subject: Plant materials in museums

Plant materials in museums

From: Nina Lange <nina_lange>
Date: Friday, April 11, 2003
As a team of conservators working in the Kunst- und
Ausstellungshalle Bonn, we have been unpleasantly surprised to find
a "field" of roll-out lawn in our museum. It is in a  hall slightly
separate from the exhibition area, but nonetheless we are worried
about things alive in there, and fear that this "brilliant" stage
decoration might lead to an unpleasant pest situation. We are
researching at the moment what exactly lives in there, and how to
deal with it, so if anyone has encountered a similar situation, we
would be grateful for any hints or references.

Nina Lange
Restaurierung
Kunst- und Ausstellungshalle der
Bundesrepublik Deutschalnd