Subject: Hinging photographs

Hinging photographs

From: Jonathan Paul Derow <paper.conservation>
Date: Monday, April 7, 2003
I have been asked to hinge a group of color photographs on regular
Kodak paper for a collector.  I would use Japanese paper and wheat
starch paste to hinge works on paper, but I am concerned that the
moisture may cause distortion of the photographs and may not adhere
well to the photo paper.  The photos have to be floated, so corners
are not an option.  Suggestions would be appreciated,

Jon Derow

                 Distributed: Thursday, April 10, 2003