Subject: Uniforms--addendum

Uniforms--addendum

From: Fonda Ghiardi <fondag>
Date: Wednesday, April 9, 2003
I will clarify my post as my needs were not stated very clearly last
time (Conservation DistList Instance: 16:54 Thursday, March 27,
2003).

We have an object reported to have been made from an 1836-40 Mexican
soldiers uniform (black wool) and another reported to be from a late
18th early- 19th century British red coat (red wool).  If anyone has
done a fabric analysis on these garments we would like to do a
comparison. Information needed is fiber, twist, weave, and thread
count.  If any one has this information or knows where it can be
obtained I would appreciate a reply.

Fonda Thomsen

                 Distributed: Thursday, April 10, 2003