Subject: Polyethylene glycol

Polyethylene glycol

From: Don Marshall <dmrelion>
Date: Sunday, April 6, 2003
    **** Moderator's comments: This query comes from a person who is
    not on the DistList and will not see any responses that are
    posted here.  Please respond directly to sender and if of
    general interest post it here as well

We have a white ash slab from a recently taken down tree that
predates the civil war and we want to preserve it after it is
sanded. PEG treatment has been suggested but we have had difficulty
locating  available PEG material in retail quantities. Dow is
willing to put us in touch with distributors for their Carbo Wax in
pallet sized quantities.

Question 1 is whether this is the way to go and Question 2 is what
commercial products exist which can be used. Thank you,

Don Marshall, Bedford Arbor Resources Committee
RELION Industries
PO Box 12
Bedford, MA  01730
USA