Subject: Drumhead

Drumhead

From: Nicole Bogdahn <nicolebogdahn>
Date: Sunday, April 6, 2003
My dissertation includes the treatment of a big, painted,
tambourine-like drum of the Yup'ik, Alaska. The drumskin is probably
made of the stomach of a walrus.  At the moment the main problem is
the clear identification of the drumskin material used. Does anybody
know a possibility to identify stomach? Furthermore I am interested
in treatments to stick torn stomach or gut, and in the adhesives
and materials used.

                   Distributed: Monday, April 7, 2003