Subject: Treating leather with PEG vapors

Treating leather with PEG vapors

From: Annick Vuissoz <a_vuissoz>
Date: Thursday, April 3, 2003
At the moment I am working on an African leather bag. It is really
dessicated and brittle, and I would like to resoften the material. I
recently heard about a treatment using PEG vapors. In fact the
object is placed in a embedded box containing a solution of PEG in
water/ethanol. This solution will turn to vapor and impregnate the
leather at the vapor saturation pressure.

Does anyone have written articles or could anyone give me more
information about this method ?

Annick Vuissoz

                  Distributed: Thursday, April 3, 2003