Subject: Small suction tools

Small suction tools

From: Christine McCarthy <cmc>
Date: Wednesday, April 2, 2003
I am interested in purchasing a small area suction tool or device
primarily for use for tape removal and related adhesive/stain
reduction treatments.  Most of our lab's work is book conservation,
but some flat paper treatment is also anticipated.  I am requesting
recommendations from conservators using any small area suctions
devices, such as a fritted glass disk, small suction platens,
hand-held tools etc.  I am interested observations, both positive
and negative, regarding the use the tool and its effectiveness in
various treatment applications.

Christine McCarthy, Conservator
Preservation Services
Building 14-0513
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139-4307

                 Distributed: Wednesday, April 2, 2003