Subject: Rufino Tamayo

Rufino Tamayo

From: Mary Schafer <mschafer>
Date: Tuesday, April 1, 2003
I am treating an early painting by Rufino Tamayo (1931, est. mixed
media on canvas) that has developed efflorescence in discreet
regions of the composition.  In order to fully understand the
current and future condition of the painting, I am researching
Tamayo's working technique and materials (additives, mixed media,
etc...).  If anyone has information on Tamayo's working technique or
has analyzed samples from his paintings, I would appreciate your
assistance.

Mary Schafer
Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
DeYoung Interim Offices