Subject: Photographic Materials Conservation Group (PhMCG)--addendum

Photographic Materials Conservation Group (PhMCG)--addendum

From: Angela H. Moor <xfa59>
Date: Tuesday, April 1, 2003
Notice of cancellation, new date and venue for
Photographic Materials Conservation Group
One day meeting and AGM

The National Gallery, Sainsbury Wing
Trafalgar Square London,June 19, 2003

We regret that because of a variety of circumstances we have had to
cancel the PhMCG's one day Meeting and AGM at Chelmsford on April
10, 2003.

This is a real disappointment for many reasons. Our hosts at
Chelmsford the Essex Record Office had gone out of their way to
ensure a good day, and we are very appreciative and extend to them
our regrets and thanks. We also had an exemplary group of speakers
and other forms of input, however, the difficulties we have
encountered are insurmountable and therefore, we had to make this
decision. We deeply regret any inconvenience that this may cause.

The good news is that we have already secured a new venue and new
date for the meeting to take place June 19m 2003 at 10am. The
National Gallery, Sainsbury Wing, Trafalgar Square, London. Happily
we believe that our speakers will still be able to attend in June.

We are very encouraged that the Group is continuing to receive both
new and re-subscriptions and in time we expect to attain and
hopefully surpass our past membership role. Membership is not
expensive, the Committee making every effort to keep the cost of
membership and meetings down.

The AGM itself will take only a short time as we have only one
voting topic for which we need a quorum. So please come and join us
the Group needs your support and your opinion and vote is important.

It is not unusual at PhMCG Meetings for participants to leave
registration to the last minute or, just 'turn up' on the day. May I
request that if you are coming to please let us know, this will help
us enormously with the organization. For Registration please
contact;

    Stephen Harwood
    Photographic Materials Conservation Group
    PO Box 17286 Streatham, London SW16 2WT
    stephen.harwood [at] nationalarchives__gov__uk

Or

    Angela Moor
    Programme Chair
    xfa59 [at] dial__pipex__com

Thank you once again for your understanding.

Angela Moor
PhMCG Programme Chair

                 Distributed: Wednesday, April 2, 2003