Subject: Glass slides

Glass slides

From: Susan White <smwhitewhite>
Date: Saturday, March 29, 2003
I am restoring some glass theatre slides for the American Museum of
the Moving Image and I'm wondering how the images were made. They do
not look like photo emulsions, nor do they look handpainted. Does
anyone know how they were made? It looks like they might be
lithographs but I'm not sure. I'm concerned that the images might be
soluble in Hextal and would rather not used solvents to test them.

Susan White
White Conservation Services, NYC

                  Distributed: Monday, March 31, 2003