Subject: Questionnaire on relative humidity and temperature controls

Questionnaire on relative humidity and temperature controls

From: Erica Kotze <exie>
Date: Thursday, March 13, 2003
    author.

I am currently a MA Conservation student at Camberwell College of
Ats where I am doing research into the desired Relative Humidity and
Temperature controls in Galleries and Museums. I have a short
questionnaire covering the main issues I am interested in and would
greatly appreciate any response.

1.  What is your position?
    Conservator
    Curator

2.  Which of theses applies to your collection?
    Prints and Drawings
    Books and Archives
    Easel Paintings
    Panel Paintings
    Parchment
    Photographs
    Eastern Art
    Wood based objects
    Ethnographic Material
    Other

2.  Are there active environmental controls used in your
    institution? Yes/No

3.  Are there passive environmental controls used in your
    institution? Yes/No

In reference to questions 2 and 3, what are they?

4.  In your opinion, what are the optimal RH, Temperature
    measurements and fluctuations in exhibition spaces? In storage
    areas?

5.  What are the RH, Temperature measurements and fluctuations
    spaces in your institution? In storage areas?

7.  Are parts of your collection ever loaned to other institutions
    and exhibitions? Yes/No

Optional

    Name:
    Institution: