Subject: Archival storage of water samples

Archival storage of water samples

From: Mike Howe <mhowe>
Date: Tuesday, March 4, 2003
I am responsible for an archive of water samples, mostly collected
from water wells, boreholes and streams. They have already undergone
a variety of chemical analyses, but are archived for possible future
additional testing. We currently store them in a dark refrigerated
room at 4 degrees Centigrade.

Can anyone advise on current best practice, or suggest appropriate
publications?

Dr Mike Howe
Chief Curator
British Geological Survey