Subject: Bone

Bone

From: Evangelia Kyriazi <evangelia_kyriazi>
Date: Tuesday, March 4, 2003
I am a 3rd year conservation and restoration student at the
University of Lincoln and I am writing my dissertation on the
reconstruction of missing areas of bone. I know that plaster has
been used in many occasions, but there are some cases where the
bones are too thin, making plaster an inappropriate filler. Last
year I worked on an oribi (small species of antelope) skull and I
used Japanese tissue paper impregnated with EVA to reconstruct the
missing areas. Do you have any suggestions upon other materials that
could be used for the reconstruction of bone?

                  Distributed: Monday, March 10, 2003