Subject: Position at British Museum

Position at British Museum

From: Susan Bradley <s.bradley>
Date: Monday, March 3, 2003
Conservation Scientist
The British Museum
Salary: UKP22,000-24,000

The British Museum is one of the four great museums of the world,
and the premier museum in the UK.  Its collection contains objects
from the prehistoric period to the present day.

You will join the Department of Conservation, Documentation and
Science, working in the long established Conservation Science team.
Your primary role will be in preventive conservation, running
environmental monitoring, pest control, materials testing and
developing response and control strategies to facilitate collection
care.  You will also carryout investigations into the alteration of
objects in the collection and undertake analysis to facilitate
conservation.  In particular you will develop an expertise in the
operation of the scanning electron microscope.  You will be expected
to share your work with the wider museum and conservation community
through lecturing and publication.

For further information regarding this post and an application form
please visit <URL:http://www.thebritishmuseum.ac.uk/jobs/index.html>
or contact the

    Department of Human Resources
    The British Museum
    Great Russell Street
    London WC1B 3DG

Quoting (Ref 2002/64 )

Closing Date for completed applications is March 20, 2003. We regret
that we are not able to notify unsuccessful candidates. The British
Museum is an Equal Opportunities Employer

Susan Bradley
Head of Conservation Research Group
Department of Conservation
British Museum