Subject: Storing papyrus

Storing papyrus

From: Alexandra Greathead <allygreathead>
Date: Wednesday, February 26, 2003
I have been asked to provide materials for the storage of papyrus,
but have no previous experience of papyrus.  The papyrus is
currently in filter paper folders, in a solander box, and I believe
the curator is keen to maintain this method.  I have some
reservations.  I have had another possible suggestion, but would
like to hear from anyone else with experience of storing papyrus in
an museum.

Alexandra Greathead
Paper Conservator
Bristol, UK