Subject: Lining

Lining

From: Andrei Givotovsky <maychui>
Date: Monday, February 24, 2003
I am interested in techniques for lining paintings without the
benefit of a vacuum hot table. I have tried the wax resin technique
but would be interested to know other ways. Is there a way of using
Beva products? Is it possible to employ a vacuum cleaner, mylar and
an iron? At this point I am not ready to invest thousands of dollars
in a hot table.

Andrei Givotovsky, private conservator
347 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013