Subject: Leather dressing

Leather dressing

From: Alexandra Greathead <allygreathead>
Date: Wednesday, February 26, 2003
I would like to know if anyone knows anything about a product called
"Tableau Leather Food" produced by a company called RPM in the UK,
the label says it is for restoration, I am quite doubtful about this
product and would welcome any and all information particularly
relating to its make up which the manufacturer is slow to get to me.

    **** Moderator's comments:
    <URL:http://www.tableaurpm.co.uk/HTML_files/frame_upholstery.htm>
    describes it thus:

            The natural lanolin and waxes in Tableau Leather Food
            feed, protect and preserve all leather finishes, leaving
            a soft lustre finish. Simply apply with a soft cloth
            then buff off. Not suitable for suede and similar
            finishes.

Alexandra Greathead
Paper Conservator
Bristol