Subject: Identifying chemical

Identifying chemical

From: Niamh McGuinne <nmcguinne>
Date: Tuesday, February 25, 2003
I am trying to have the contents of our solvent cabinet safely
disposed of but we are having a lot of difficulty finding any data
on a item labelled 'poison' and 'flammable' called DAL TOSEC 2140.
It dates from 1972 and is an old ICI product. As this is a paper
conservation department, it may be specific to the discipline. The
previous head of department was trained in Italy and worked on the
Florence flood material so this could be significant. As it is a
poison, could it be some type of pesticide? Any help would be really
appreciated.

Niamh McGuinne
Paper Conservation Department
National Gallery of Ireland