Subject: Photographic emulsion on Canvas

Photographic emulsion on Canvas

From: Sara Innocenti <sara.innocenti>
Date: Wednesday, February 26, 2003
I am an Italian student at Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera in
Milan, Italy.  I'm going to prepare a graduation thesis in
restoration and conservation of photography. In Italy there isn't
much information about this subject because the technology of
restoration are prevalently extra-European. I need any information
about photographic emulsion on canvas.

A well-known Italian artist makes his canvas with this method, so
my teacher wants to deepen our knowledge about this technique.
When this technique was born? I think that this method was developed
during the 19th Century, but I'm not sure. How does one approach the
restoration of this canvas?

Sara Innocenti
Student of Accademia di Belle arti di Brera
Milano, Italy

                   Distributed: Monday, March 3, 2003