Subject: Masterclass on paper conservation

Masterclass on paper conservation

From: Jason Revell <jason.revell>
Date: Tuesday, February 25, 2003
"From East to West"
Master-class on Japanese Paper Conservation Techniques
Burt Hall, University of Northumbria
Newcastle upon Tyne
July 26-August 9, 2004

Tutors:

    Kazunori Oryu
    Oriental Paintings Conservator and Associate Professor
    Kyoto University of Art and Design

    Claude Laroque
    Director of the paper conservation program
    MA Conservation of Cultural Property
    University of Paris I, Pantheon, Sorbonne

This course is organised by the MA Conservation of Fine Art,
Department of Humanities, University of Northumbria in conjunction
with the Section de conservation des biens culturels, University of
Paris I. It has been designed for 14 mid career conservators who
wish to extend their practical knowledge of Japanese materials and
techniques and how they can be applied to the conservation of
Western paper artifacts.

The program will offer theoretical lectures, demonstrations and
museum visits but the emphasis is firmly focused on developing
transferable practical skills.

For further details and booking please contact

    Jane Colbourne
    MA Conservation of Fine Art
    Burt Hall
    Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8ST.