Subject: Identifying adhesives

Identifying adhesives

From: Jake Kaner <jkaner01>
Date: Tuesday, February 18, 2003
We are looking for methods of identification of aged glues (protein
Glues--casein, bone, blood, albumen) on/in wooden objects. In
particular on the external face of a glue line, which is likely to
be very small, making sampling difficult.

We are also looking for material (aged plywood) from the period
between 1920 and 1940 to make samples for conducting experiments to
develop and observe adhesion treatments.

If you are able to help or advise with either or both of the above
then please contact us at the twentieth century furniture research
group based at,

    The Faculty of Design
    Queen Alexandra Rd.
    High Wycombe
    Bucks HP11 2JZ
    UK
    +44 1494 522 141

Jake Kaner

                Distributed: Thursday, February 20, 2003