Subject: Cooperative purchase of folder stock

Cooperative purchase of folder stock

From: Michelle Facini <mfacini>
Date: Tuesday, January 28, 2003
    author.

As part of our Samuel H. Kress funded study of large format works on
paper, a rehousing project of our oversized works was initiated here
at the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco.  In order to complete
this project large folder stock needs to be ordered.  Archivart is
willing to customize a special order of 20-point library board: 80"
wide and approximately 4000-5000 feet long. The order would be split
into 4-5 rolls for handling.  We are interested in dividing this
order with two other institutions.

Split three ways, the cost of the folder stock would be
approximately $1900 plus shipping per institution. Just to give you
an idea of folder cost:  A third of the order will produce 75-80
folders measuring 80" X 113" to fit drawers we already have.  Each
folder will cost somewhere in the ballpark of $30.00, this includes
shipping to San Francisco, but does not include the linen tape and
labor to cut the stock and put them together. After an exhaustive
search, we are sure that this is the best and least expensive
material out there for continuous sheet (i.e. un-pieced) folder
storage of flat paper.

If anyone is interested or would like more information please
contact

    Debra Evans
    415-750-7661
    devans [at] famsf__org