Subject: Salvage exercises

Salvage exercises

From: David A. Tremain <david_tremain>
Date: Tuesday, January 28, 2003
The Canadian Conservation Institute (CCI), in collaboration with
ICCROM, will be hosting a three-week summer school on Preventive
Conservation this coming June in Ottawa.  One of the topics up for
discussion is salvage of collections and how to teach it.  Many of
us have taught, or participated in, workshops such as this, with
varying degrees of success; some of you may include it as part of
your curriculum, but is there a better way of doing it?  I would be
grateful if you could share your experiences with me, both as
teachers and recipients, on the effectiveness of the training
methods and exercises you have used, and conversely, what did not
work, and why?  I will be compiling this information for discussion
during the workshop. Feel free to contact me by email at the address
below.

By the way, registration for international participants is now
closed, so please don't contact me about it.

David Tremain
Conservator / Restaurateur
Preventive Conservation Services /
Services de conservation preventive
Canadian Conservation Institute / Institut canadien de conservation
613-998-3721
Fax: 613-998-4721

                 Distributed: Friday, January 31, 2003