Subject: Architectural plans

Architectural plans

From: Elizabeth Hadlow <ehadlow>
Date: Monday, January 20, 2003
I have a set of extremely faded architectural plans that I need to
retrieve information from. The problem is that the plans are so
faded that it is difficult to ascertain what type of copying process
has been used.

The plans definitely have a white "ground", they are positive
images, and they appear to be of a brownish hue - however this is
difficult to say with certainty because they are so faded.

Does anyone know of a process by which such plans can be "retrieved"
or viewed so that the faded image becomes readable? I have tried
looking at them under ultraviolet light, but unfortunately this
proved unsuccessful.

Elizabeth Hadlow
Conservator
Australian National Maritime Museum